Smoothie Bowls!


I post smoothies often, usually every Saturday (at least), and while the recipes are similar, I wanted to share a few with you to assist in your smoothie making routine! I'll add a post with favorite brands but a few are listed below.

Notes:
1) For most smoothies, I use frozen veggies. I steam them, let them cool, then freeze them.
2) Aim for fiber, protein, greens, and healthy fats. Keep it simple too, sometimes too many ingredients can result in bloat as your digestive system may struggle to break everything down
3) I use just a basic Ninja blender for my smoothies, I do not have a Vitamix and they still come out with great consistency
4) Protein powders: Look for protein powders with very simple (and only a few) ingredients, and no added preservatives or sugars (unless it's stevia or monk fruit extract). I like the following brands:
- Sunwarrior Classic or Warrior Blend - $$
- MRM Veggie Elite - $
- Liv Well Nutrition - $$$
- Vega Sport - $
- Nuzest - $$$

1. Vanilla Bean Smoothie:

  • 1 cup non-dairy milk (nut, hemp or coconut)
  • 1/4 cup frozen cauliflower
  • 1/4 cup frozen zucchini
  • 1 scoop protein powder 
  • 1 tbsp nut butter (raw almond butter, peanut butter, sunflower butter, cashew butter, etc.)
  • 1 tbsp flax seeds
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla bean or extract
  • Optional: 1 tsp maca powder (antioxidant, can buy at Trader Joe's)
  • Optional: 1 date or 1/2 banana (I often skip the fruit, but up to you!)
  • Toppings (about 1/2 tbsp each)



2. Vibrant Beet Smoothie:
  • 1 cup non-dairy milk (I used hemp milk in this recipe, but any will work)
  • 1/4 cup frozen cauliflower
  • 1/4 cup frozen chopped beet (or 1 small frozen beet) 
  • 1 scoop protein powder
  • 1/2 - 1 tbsp coconut butter
  • 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
  • Optional: 1 tsp maca powder
  • Toppings: Drizzle of almond butter, goji berries, and bee pollen 

3. Raw Cacao Matcha Smoothie:
  • 1 cup non-dairy milk
  • 1 handful frozen spinach
  • 1 scoop cacao / chocolate protein powder (I used Liv Well for this one)
  • 1/2 tbsp cacao powder
  • 1 tbsp cacao butter (sub with coconut butter)
  • 1 tsp matcha powder
  • 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
  • I did not include fruit, but option to add 1/2 frozen banana or date
  • Toppings: granola! I used Pressed Vibrance, but other favorites are Purely Elizabeth, Paleonola, and Lark Ellen

Comments

Popular Posts