Vanilla Toast with Raspberry Jam

Here's a super easy and delicious toast, cookie, treat... call it what you want!

This recipe received a lot of love when I posted it, so it's resurfacing now.

I've shared a few toast recipes with you, and this is a sweeter take to your savory collection! When I first created this, it was late in the evening after yoga and I wanted something sweet, crunchy, yet simple. This is what it turned into!

Enjoy :)



Total Time: 15 minutes
Serving: Makes 2 large pieces

  • 1/2 c. almond flour (I used Bob's Red Mill)
  • 1/4 c. gluten free rolled oats (I used Bob's Red Mill)
  • 1/2 mashed banana
  • 1 tbsp organic coconut oil (I use Nutiva)
  • 1 tbsp flax meal
  • 1 tsp flax seeds 
  • 2 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce 
  • Optional: I added 1/2 scoop of plant based vanilla protein powder (favorites are Sunwarrior, MRM, and Aloha). If you don't have this, substitute with 1 tsp pure vanilla extract for that vanilla flavor
  • Optional: 1 tsp maple syrup - I shoot for low sugar recipes, but if you want more sweetness, add maple or honey

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Mash banana in a large bowl, add applesauce, and any remaining wet ingredients (syrup, vanilla)
  3. Add dry ingredients to the bowl and mix until well combined. If the dough is too dry, add a bit of water, 1 tsp at a time
  4. On lined baking sheet, spread the dough in a thin layer (like a slice of bread)
  5. Bake for 10 minutes until the toast starts to crisp
  6. Optional: finish with a broil for 2 minutes for extra crispiness!
  7. Top with your favorite toppings! I topped this one with creamy almond butter, raspberry spread (just warm & smash fresh berries) & shaved coconut 

Comments

Popular Posts