Beet Burgers!

Summer is grilling season! I grill up veggies and beet burgers over here. While on Whole30, I've had to get creative with my "burgers," in which I usually use some variation of lentils or beans. During Whole30, you swap out your legumes and grains in order to give your digestive system a 30 days break. I've noticed a difference, though I know I'll reintroduce grains, like quinoa, and legumes back after I'm done.

Anyways, back to these beet burgers which are my new favorite way to summer burgers. They are easy, dense, nutritious and include all anti-inflammatory foods!






Yields: 6-7 small "burgers"
Time: 30 minutes

Ingredients:
1 large beet, peeled then boiled or steamed
1/2 cup raw spinach
2 tbsp tahini
1/4 cup flax meal
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp cumin

Directions:

  1. Add beet to food processor and pulse until puréed
  2. Add remaining ingredients and blend until well combined, but not liquid (still thick)
  3. Form into small patties
  4. Add to grill or grill pan, flipping each side after 5-6 minutes. Options to bake them at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

Comments

Popular Posts