Chewy Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies

Years ago, I did not enjoy baking - I thought it involved too much precision, and I'm more of the "throw in this and that and see how it turns out" kind of person. Well, I'm still like that, but that's what has made baking healthy treats even more fun these days - trial and error!

These coconut chocolate cookies have become my favorite among all my treats! They are dense, soft, fluffy and chocolatey. They are perfectly sweet even though they do not contain any added sugars (just the small amount of banana and vegan chocolate). They are also vegan, gluten-free & grain-free!






Makes: appx 8 small cookies
Time: 15 minutes

Ingredients
  • 1/2 ripe banana
  • 2 TBSP nut butter (I used creamy almond butter)
  • 2 TBSP full fat coconut cream (I used "Let's Do It" brand)
  • 1/2 TBSP tahini
  • 2 TBSP milk of choice (I use unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk)
  • 1 cup almond flour
  • 1/2 cup coconut flour (or you can add an additional 1/2 cup of almond flour instead)
  • 2 tbsp flax meal
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • sprinkle of sea salt (I use pink himalayan sea salt)
  • 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips or chunks (I use either @eatingevolved midnight chocolate and chop it into bits, or I'll use @enjoylife dark chocolate morsels which are also vegan)
  • OPTIONAL: I usually like to add 1 scoop of vanilla plant based protein for that vanilla flavor and to sneak in some extra protein


Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. In a blender or food processor, blend banana with wet ingredients (almond butter, coconut cream, nut milk, and tahini) until smooth and creamy
  3. In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients (almond flour, coconut flour, flax meal, sea salt, baking powder) 
  4. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix into dough. If the consistency is too dry, add small portions of nut milk. If it's too wet, add small portions of coconut flour.
  5. Fold in chocolate chips
  6. Spoon into small rounds onto a lined & lightly oiled (I use coconut oil) baking sheet. 
  7. Bake for 12-13 minutes or until browned, soft, yet firm.

Comments

Popular Posts