Chickpea Cookie Dough Protein Bliss Bombs


The Recipe name is a mouth-full, huh! 😊

I love making "Bliss Bombs," which are essentially healthy fats, fiber, and protein all in one delicious ball! These are also commonly referred to as "energy balls," "raw balls," "fat bombs," etc.! The best part about these is that they take 5-10 minutes to make, and are perfect for on-the-go snacks. I make a wide variety of these Bliss Bombs, but this recipe is one of my favorites! It uses shelled chickpeas to give the balls a PERFECT consistency and provides for extra fiber! I promise, they taste like cookie dough 🍪

Hope you enjoy!




Makes: 8-10 bombs
Time: 10 (active), 20 (inactive)

Ingredients:

  • 1/3 cup rinsed and “shelled” low sodium organic garbanzo beans (removing the shells make them blend creamier)
  • 1 tbsp coconut butter (I used Artisana Organics
  • 1 1/2 tbsp creamy almond butter (I used Maranatha Almond Butter
  • 1 scoop of your favorite clean protein (I used Julian Bakery vanilla pumpkin seed protein, I also love Sunwarrior plant protein, Nuzest Pea Protein, MRM Veggie Elite, and Aloha Moment Pea Protein)
  • 1 tbsp nut milk
  • 1 tbsp coconut water 
  • 1-2 tbsp cacao nibs (I used Navita's)

Directions:
  1. In a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients EXCEPT cacao nibs, and blend until dough consistency
  2. If it's too dry, add small increments of nut milk. If it's too wet (like a smoothie) add protein or coconut / almond meal
  3. Transfer to a large bowl and add cacao nibs
  4. Using a spoon and your hands, roll into small 1-inch round cookie dough balls
  5. Lay onto a plate or cookie sheet and freeze for 15 - 20 minutes until they are firm. 
  6. Store in your refrigerator for up to one week!


Comments

Popular Posts