Raw Almond Butter Chocolate Cookies


Here's one important question: Do you lean more Sweet or Salty?

I'm more the former, whether that's good or bad, who knows, but I can say that my love for sweets is the reason why I create so many clean eating treats. It's not very realistic that I'd give up all sweet foods in general, so why not make them nutritious too!

Hence, I give you these 5 ingredient Raw Almond Butter & Chocolate Cookies. You can make these tonight, in the morning, or ANY time because they are so easy, and so delicious.

You'll notice that I use Blackstrap Molasses in this recipe. For my fellow friends that like sweetness but are mindful of sugar intake - blackstrap molasses may be a great option for you too! It's has relatively the same glycemic load as honey and maple syrup, but low in glycemic index, plus it's boasting with nutrients like iron, calcium, and potassium. I'm all about packing in nutrients from real food into everything I consume, even in the form of sweetener! After all, like they say, food is medicine. I'm a big fan of Dr.Axe and his resources, so take a deeper read through the benefits of blackstrap molasses here.

Where to find Blackstrap Molasses: I bought mine at my mother in law's health food store, but you can get it from Amazon, Vitacost, Whole Foods, etc.!



Yields: 6 cookies
Active time: 10 minutes
Inactive time: 20 minutes


Ingredients:
1/4 cup Raw Almond Butter
1 cup organic raw almond flour
2 tsp organic coconut oil (split)
1 tbsp unsulfered Blackstrap molasses (you can substitute with maple syrup, honey or coconut nectar)
2 tbsp dark chocolate chips (I used Pascha 100% Chocolate Morsels)

Directions:
  1. Combine Almond Butter, 1 tsp coconut oil and molasses in a medium bowl and mix well.
  2. Add almond flour and mix into cookie dough. If it's too dry, option to add more nut butter or oil.
  3. Make dough into 6 small balls and lay onto a lined baking sheet. Press them flat with a fork for the design (optional)
  4. Freeze for 10 minutes to allow to harden.
  5. Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan, add chocolate chips and remaining 1 tsp coconut oil over medium to low heat and stir constantly to prevent burning and sticking. Take the pan off of heat when it's fully melted.
  6. Transfer the chocolate to a shallow bowl or dish. Dip the cookies into the chocolate and return to the baking sheet
  7. Refreeze for about 10 minutes or until chocolate has hardened.
  8. ENJOY! These will stay for 1 week or more (if you don't eat them all by then 😁) either in the fridge or freezer 




Comments

Popular Posts